Home Page Image



Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Facebook Restored my Faith in the Economy



Just when I was beginning to question the state of the economy, a trip to my local bookstore proved I have nothing to worry about. Facebook, is there anything they can’t do?

Clearly they know something I don’t. $14.99 for a paper, (albeit glossy) magazine about a virtual community a six year old could figure out, fantastic. If this magazine is around 6 months from now I’ll take it as a sign that I can stop checking the stock market every 15 minutes.

A note to any of you Facebook subscribers out there: I’ve compiled a list of MySpace tips on restaurant napkins that I can let go for 12 bucks.

2 comments:

amoeba said...

is that so?

Unknown said...

Social networking is such an odd concept to many people. Magazines like this are focusing on the questions that people have about places such as Facebook. I think many users would be confused by Facebook and other sites. I got into Facebook and other sites myself more than anything to understand the issues that come about in Social Networking. Personally I use Facebook to keep in contact with family and a few close friends.